Thursday, August 11, 2011

StoryBook

I've only read three books that I ever actually took seriously enough to mention. Although I have read many these three stick out like a pair of red bottom stilettos. The first book was entitled The Devil In Disguise. When I first saw it it intrigued me. The cover was everything I needed to see to even determine whether or not I was even going to waste my time opening & reading it. It wasn't the finest I had ever seen but it seemed a little rough around the edges. Just like I like them. So I took a chance & read. I was open off the first page. The words didn't say too much but still I was gone. Maybe because I was young & I didn't know any better. But you couldn't tell me nothing. That was the best book I had ever read....UNTIL the plot made a turn for the worst. All of a sudden the words made me feel beat up & hurt. I was waking up with bruises on me, head pounding & I was just living with no sense of who I was. I mean I was being dragged through the mud by this book. Sick to my stomach, gaining weight, losing weight. Pregnant, not pregnant. All types of drama. Too much for a 18 year old girl to be going through. But one day I got some strength out of nowhere. I don't really remember praying about it but somebody had to be praying for me. What I do remember is a gun at my stomach & scared tears streaming down my face & I vowed that this would be the last time I would let The Devil In Disguise fuck with me. Then a knock at the door. The police saved me and me & that book parted ways. I never saw it again.
I didn't get a chance to fully recover from The Devil In Disguise before I came across another book. The cover on this one was a little different but the titles were quite similar. But, I convinced myself that this one would not have the same ending. The Disguise of the Curious seemed more sincere. It was filled with pages of promises, dreams & something called love. This book actually loved me back. The only thing that stood me between me & it was another reader. She had a bond with it that was tighter than the one we had simply because of what they shared. Able to be convinced that this relationship was a thing of the past...I made the ultimate commitment with The Disguise of the Curious. I was convinced that this plot was the one I fit perfectly into. I was wrong yet again. The plot became thicker than it ever got in the The Devil In Disguise. Instead of being bruised physically my heart felt as if a million bricks were being dumped on it when all types of secrets came to the light. All the promises, dreams & love came to a halt &it was over. On June 9th, 2008 I signed the papers that made things official although the story had ended a whole year prior. After being beat down yet again I read here & there but never got serious or interested too much in anyone's plot. That is until I crossed paths with yet another interesting, attractive story.
I had ran across this one before but I knew it was way too advanced for my reading level. So when I would see it, I would just smile & imagine what the words on those pages said. The cover was very appealing. Finer than any of the other books I ever saw. The pages were thicker, the ink was more delicate, and the story seemed way more complex. I was told that he had many readers before & I should be very careful before picking it up because I could easily get caught up & never want to put it down. But the title No More Disguises had me more open than I had ever been. The more time I spent turning pages, reading, bonding & getting to know this book, I realized the the words were written clearly. What you see is what you get. I didn't have to figure out what the words meant. I didn't have to grab my dictionary and analyze anything. Nothing was a disguise. Instead there was a pure bond there. I became a part of the story instead of just another character. Now it's getting deeper and I have to make a decision. Is the story of my life written within his pages? I feel loved by a friend and a partner in him. I'm blessed with two children by him. His soul is connected to mine and our hearts beat on the same accord. I may look at other books & the thought may even cross my mind to open one & read it but the heart can be stronger than the mind & currently my heart has a resting place in him.
This is the book I like, love & adore. A story I can learn to live with. It's nowhere near perfect but consist of no abuse, no disguises, no secret plot. Just smiles & raw unconditional love.
"No More Disguises"

1 comment:

  1. Kelly, Kelly, Kelly. Tear come to my eyes when I read this. I have known you since the 9th grade, and I can say I have seen some of the "books" you have read. I have seen one that have hurt you and been around for only a season. But I remember when you telling me about this particular book. Back then I started to see you heart started smiling again. Kel, I am so happy for you, Dale and your family. Words cannot express how you I am so proud of what you have become against all the Devil has TRIED to throw at you. I pray that you guys continue to grow in love. Isn't it amazing when you find that someone that you can trust with your heart, your body, mind and soul. I love you friend and again, I am so truly happy for you.

    ReplyDelete