Wednesday, August 3, 2011

A New Attitude

How many times have I awaken and wasn't happy about what I did yesterday? Too many times to count. How many times have I had regrets about things that it's too late to change? Numerous. That's because I am not perfect. You are not perfect. No one is perfect. No matter how good you look, how bad your body is, how many friends you have or how much you go to church...YOU ARE NOT PERFECT! I am still dealing with this truth. Though I have come to realize being perfect is only something I can strive for I still struggle with trying to be perfect for others. The key to avoiding the "perfect" persona is to love & trust God enough to help you to become that person. By no means does that mean you have to turn into a holy saint overnight. Remember the old saying "practice make perfect." A prophet in the form of a friend spoke to me last night and opened my eyes to things I have slowly began to hide from people & from myself. "Kelly, how much do YOU LOVE YOU?" The prophet asked, and although my tongue wanted to answer "I LOVE ME ALOT", I could not let those false words escape my mouth. It takes a confident person to love them self alot & although my self confidence level may appear high it is not. Too often I worry about what other people may think of me. I try to hard to please others & sometimes I even find myself being a follower instead of the leader I was born to be. Again, you can be shocked all you want but this is me & my truth. Had I not heard the words from this prophet this blog may be filled with white lies to cover who I want you to think I am. So at 3:00 a.m this morning I decided it's time. Time to start having faith in me! Time for a new attitude, a new walk (figuratively speaking), a new mind set, a new love for myself! I can't expect the man laying next to me to love me the way I want him to if I'm doubting me! I can't expect a change to happen if I'm not willing to change! So...here we go. I began with a heartfelt prayer. After that I felt a ton of bricks being lifted off my shoulders. Next I began to think about what it is that I don't like about me & making decisions about how I am going to change it. This is going to be an ongoing process. I'm being granted the serenity to change things I want to be different & the strength to either accept the things I can't change or to "man up" & let it go. My new attitude begins today! Now do me a favor & check yourself! Are you all together? Is your house clean? Is your mind focused? Do you love you? Maybe you need a new attitude too...

7 comments:

  1. "Cleaning" life is like cleaning house....Start in the attic (your mind) and work your way down stairs...make sure you do a bleaching and scrub down on your "main floor" where your front door is at (your heart) and put alot of "smell goods(your smile)all over your house (your body).....I'm cleaning house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At times i struggle with those same questions. However, since Lauryn has arrived I have began to see life differently. All the things that i was insecure of no longer matters to me. I really feel like my life started over on May 19,2011. It used to be hard to clean house but now im throwing every damn thing away! and im more focused than ever.... Keep em' comin Kel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww I saw this in my newsfeed and clicked on it (and I don't usually click on all the stuff I see on the Book). Thank you for giving me a good cry before I go dancing Kelly! This is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  4. Same here. For the last few years, I honestly can say, I have totally forgotten about Tasha. I have gained a lot of weight, and finding myself not liking what I have become. How can I expect someone to worship the ground I walk on, when I spit on my mine's every day. No more excuses. I am so overdue for some spring cleaning. I am cleaning up my damn house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Found myself being overly nice to everyone that I've came in contact with just because I wanted a new hangout buddy or a new friend in my circle!!!...but to me loyalty Is everything...so real friends come to stay and fake ones go to leave>>>so the new me is being true to myself speak my mine..starting all over again to be the best woman I know how...and decipher between the real and the fake!!!I gotta new attitude in my Patti La bell voice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The life of a woman can only be understood by a woman. Every thought you have put into this post is what I have been dealing with all year. I have learned to put people at a distance in order to find out who Janae is and who she will become. I have learned that nothing else matters as much as my kids and my husband. We all should be on a journey to find out who we are. Let's be thankful that its now , at age 28, instead of age 58.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm looking forward to a new chapter in understanding and learning more about me, so I can truly love me the way I should..I think the hardest person to get to know is often yourself. But the rewards that come from doing so are priceless, the peace the joy and the sense of confidence that comes from knowing who I am is what motivates me to get to those parts of myself. :-) Great blog!

    ReplyDelete